Southern Building Control

Invercargill City Council has joined with all the southern councils to share information and resources. The building control managers meet on a regular basis to discuss issues and promote good practice.

One of the first steps has been to sign a memorandum agreeing to share resources.

To ensure some consistency in the building consent process all councils have agreed to use the same format on the building consent application form including waiver and alternative solution forms.

These forms are available at all southern councils on their websites and also are able to be downloaded from the Southern Building Controls Group website (link below).

The SBCG website also has useful Department of Building and Housing guidance booklets.