Are you entitled to a rates rebate?
The following changes came into effect from 1 July 2016:
- The maximum rebate is $610.
- The income threshold has increased from $24,440 to $24,470
(The additional income allowance remains at $500 per dependant.)
If you earned more than $24,470 for the 2015-2016 tax year you could still be eligible. Rates rebate application forms are available from the Council or from www.ratesrebates.govt.nz
When you apply for a rates rebate, please provide:
- Proof of income for the tax year 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016
- Your ICC rates notice and your Environment Southland rates notice
- Proof of your partner/joint home owner’s income if he/she lives with you
The closing date for applications is 30 June 2017.