Changes have been made to the Rates Rebate Scheme for the rating year beginning July 1, 2015.
- The maximum rebate has increased from $605 to $610.
- The income threshold has increased from $24,250 to $24,440.
- The additional income allowance for dependants remains at $500 per dependant.
If you earned more than $24,440 (plus $500 per dependant) for the 2014-2015 tax year you could still be eligible. Contact the Council for more information. Rates rebate application forms are available from the Council or from www.ratesrebates.govt.nz
When you apply for a rates rebate, please provide:
- Proof of income (before tax) for the tax year ended March 31, 2015.
- Your rates notice, including your Environment Southland rates notice.
- Proof of your partner/joint home owner’s income if she/he lives with you.