Drive up, jump out, dive in! The Southland Aquatic Centre – Splash Palace – is one of the top public pool facilities in New Zealand. The indoor aquatic centre is within walking distance of the central business district and close to a large selection of motels and parks. The facility includes a 50m x 8 lane sports pool with a bulkhead, a leisure pool with waves and sprays, a tots’ pool and a learners’ pool. There is also a water slide, spa pool, sauna and Waves Cafe – all indoors and with free off-street car parking.
- Check Splash Palace on Facebook for the latest news.
- Saturday, 1 July: SBS Bank Wayne Evens Memorial Meet #1. Deep end of the main pool and hydroslide
closed 3pm – 8pm.
- Monday, 10 July to 21 July: School holidays. Check the holiday programme details:
- Monday, 10 July to Sunday 23 July: Learners pool closed
- Saturday 22nd SBS Bank Wayne Evens Memorial Meet #2. Deep end of the main pool and hydroslide
closed 3pm – 8pm
- Saturday, 5 August: Southland Canoe Polo Tournament. Deep end of the main pool closed 9am – 12pm (no Aqua jogging space). Also, 50m main pool closed 12pm – 7pm; no lane swimming or aqua jogging space available.
- Sunday, 6 August: Southland Canoe Polo Tournament. 50m main pool closed 9am – 3pm; no lane swimming or aqua jogging space available.
- Saturday, 12 August to Sunday, 13 August: Southland Waterpolo tournament. Times to be confirmed.
50m pool, swirl pool and sauna
Monday to Friday 5.30am to 9pm
Saturday 6am to 8pm
Sunday 8am to 8pm
Public holidays 11am to 4pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
NOTES: Adults only in the swirl pool and sauna. Between 3.30pm to 9pm on weekdays there may be limited space due to aquatic sports clubs bookings.
- Leisure Pool
Monday to Friday 6am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am to 8pm
Public holidays 11am to 4pm
- Leisure Pool Waves, Sprays and Waterslide
Monday to Friday 3.45pm to 5pm, 7.30pm to 9pm
Saturday, Sunday 11am to 4.30pm, 6.30pm to 8pm
- Learners’ Pool
Saturdays 1pm to 4pm
Sundays 11am to 4pm
School holidays 1pm to 4pm
- Note For school holiday hours, activities and learn-to-swim classes ask at reception or check these pages. The hours above may change from time to time due to special events, bookings and occasional maintenance closures.
School holiday dates
Check the school holiday dates (the link is to the Ministry of Education,s holiday dates website page)