Drive up, jump out, dive in! The Southland Aquatic Centre – Splash Palace – is one of the top public pool facilities in New Zealand. The indoor aquatic centre is within walking distance of the central business district and close to a large selection of motels and parks. The facility includes a 50m x 8 lane sports pool with a bulkhead, a leisure pool with waves and sprays, a tots’ pool and a learners’ pool. There is also a water slide, spa pool, steam room and a cafe – all indoors and with free off-street car parking.
- Check Splash Palace on Facebook for the latest news and important updates.
- June 1 (Monday, Queen’s Birthday): Pool Open 11am – 4pm
- June 6 (Saturday) and June 7 (Sunday): South Island Synchro Competition. On Saturday deep end of the main pool closed 8am – 8pm and on Sunday from 8am – 2pm. Limited lane swimming and Aqua jogging space
- June 13 (Sunday): Swim Southland Winter Meet No. 1 – Deep end of main pool closed 4pm
- July 4 (Saturday): Swim Southland Winter Meet No. 2 – Deep end of main pool closed 4pm
Check the Aqua classes timetable for Aquarobics (medium intensity), Zumba (challenging water-based workout) and 50s Forward (low to medium intensity).
Hours (see Queen’s Birthday hours above)
50m main pool, swirl pool and sauna
Monday to Friday 5.30am to 9pm
Saturday 6am to 8pm
Sunday 8am to 8pm
Public Holidays 11am to 4pm
NOTES: Adults only in the swirl pool and sauna. Between 3.30pm to 9pm on weekdays there may be limited space due to aquatic sports clubs bookings.
Monday to Friday 6am to 9pm
Saturday & Sunday 8am to 8pm
Leisure Pool Waves, Sprays and Waterslide
Monday to Friday 3.45pm to 5pm, 7.30pm to 9pm
Saturday, Sunday 11am to 4.30pm, 6.30pm to 8pm
Saturdays 1pm to 4pm
Sundays 11am to 4pm
School holidays 1pm to 4pm
Note For school holiday hours, activities and learn-to-swim classes ask at reception or check these pages. The hours above may change from time to time due to special events, bookings and occasional maintenance closures.
School holiday dates
Check the school holiday dates (link is to the Ministry of Education website)