Drive up, jump out, dive in! The Southland Aquatic Centre – Splash Palace – is one of the top public pool facilities in New Zealand. The indoor aquatic centre is within walking distance of the central business district and close to a large selection of motels and parks. The facility includes a 50m x 8 lane sports pool with a bulkhead, a leisure pool with waves and sprays, a tots’ pool and a learners’ pool. There is also a water slide, spa pool, sauna and Waves Cafe – all indoors and with free off-street car parking.
- Check Splash Palace on Facebook for the latest news and important updates.
- Thursday 26 Nov: Southland Swimming Champs – 50m main pool, hydroslide and learner’s pool closed 5.30pm–9pm
- Friday 27 Nov: Southland Swimming Champs – 50m main pool hydroslide and learner’s pool closed 8am to 1pm and 5pm to 9pm
- Saturday 28 Nov: Southland Swimming Champs – 50m main pool, hydroslide and learner’s pool closed 8am to 1pm and 4pm to 8pm
- Sunday 29 Nov: Southland Swimming Champs – 50m main pool, hydroslide and learner’s pool closed 8.30am to 12pm and 2pm to 6.30pm
- Sat 19 Dec: Synchronised Swimming Christmas Show – Deep end of main pool and hydroslide closed 5pm to 8pm
- Sun 20 Dec: Synchronised Swimming Christmas Show – Deep end of main pool and hydroslide closed 5pm to 8pm
Check the Aqua Aerobic details for Aquarobics (medium intensity), Zumba (challenging water-based workout) and 50s Forward (low to medium intensity).
December 2015-January 2016
Thursday 24 December 5.30am – 5pm
Friday 25 December CLOSED
Saturday 26 December to Monday 4 January 11am – 4pm
Tuesday 5th January 5.30am – 9pm
50m pool, swirl pool and sauna
Monday to Friday 5.30am to 9pm
Saturday 6am to 8pm
Sunday 8am to 8pm
Public holidays 11am to 4pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
NOTES: Adults only in the swirl pool and sauna. Between 3.30pm to 9pm on weekdays there may be limited space due to aquatic sports clubs bookings.
Monday to Friday 6am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am to 8pm
Public holidays 11am to 4pm
Leisure Pool Waves, Sprays and Waterslide
Monday to Friday 3.45pm to 5pm, 7.30pm to 9pm
Saturday, Sunday 11am to 4.30pm, 6.30pm to 8pm
Saturdays 1pm to 4pm
Sundays 11am to 4pm
School holidays 1pm to 4pm
Note For school holiday hours, activities and learn-to-swim classes ask at reception or check these pages. The hours above may change from time to time due to special events, bookings and occasional maintenance closures.
School holiday dates
Check the school holiday dates (link is to the Ministry of Education website)