Drive up, jump out, dive in! The Southland Aquatic Centre – Splash Palace – is one of the top public pool facilities in New Zealand. The indoor aquatic centre is within walking distance of the central business district and close to a large selection of motels and parks. The facility includes a 50m x 8 lane sports pool with a bulkhead, a leisure pool with waves and sprays, a tots’ pool and a learners’ pool. There is also a water slide, spa pool, sauna and Waves Cafe – all indoors and with free off-street car parking.
- Check Splash Palace on Facebook for the latest news.
Southland Swimming Champs – December 2016
- Thursday, Dec 15: 50m Main pool closed 6pm – 9pm
- Friday, Dec 16: 50m Main pool closed 8am – 1pm and 5pm – 9pm
- Saturday, Dec 17: 50m Main pool closed 8am – 1pm and 4.30pm – 8pm
- Sunday, Dec 18: 50m Main pool closed 8.30am – 1pm and 3.30pm – 7pm
NOTE: During the Southland Swimming Champs the hydroslide and learner’s pool will also be closed.
- Saturday 24 December: 6am to 4pm, Cafe 9am to 3pm
- Sunday 25 December: Closed, Cafe Closed
- Monday 26 December: 11am to 4pm, Cafe Closed
- Tuesday 27 December: 11am to 4pm, Cafe 11am to 3pm
- Wednesday 28 December: 11am to 4pm, Cafe 11am to 3pm
- Thursday 29 December: 11am to 4pm, Cafe 11am to 3pm
- Friday 30 December: 11am to 4pm, Cafe 11am to 3pm
- Saturday 31 December: 11am to 4pm, Cafe 11am to 3pm
- Sunday 1 January: 11am to 4pm, Cafe closed
- Monday 2 January: 11am to 4pm, Cafe closed
- Tuesday 3 January: 11am to 4pm, Cafe 11am to 3.00 pm
- Wednesday 4 January: 5.30am to 9pm, normal Cafe hours resume
50m pool, swirl pool and sauna
Monday to Friday 5.30am to 9pm
Saturday 6am to 8pm
Sunday 8am to 8pm
Public holidays 11am to 4pm (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
NOTES: Adults only in the swirl pool and sauna. Between 3.30pm to 9pm on weekdays there may be limited space due to aquatic sports clubs bookings.
- Leisure Pool
Monday to Friday 6am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am to 8pm
Public holidays 11am to 4pm
- Leisure Pool Waves, Sprays and Waterslide
Monday to Friday 3.45pm to 5pm, 7.30pm to 9pm
Saturday, Sunday 11am to 4.30pm, 6.30pm to 8pm
- Learners’ Pool
Saturdays 1pm to 4pm
Sundays 11am to 4pm
School holidays 1pm to 4pm
- Note For school holiday hours, activities and learn-to-swim classes ask at reception or check these pages. The hours above may change from time to time due to special events, bookings and occasional maintenance closures.
- School holiday dates
- Check the school holiday dates (link is to the updated Ministry of Education website)