Road closure details for the Invercargill City Council Surf to City event on Sunday, 12 March 2017, are listed below. During the closures, provision will be made for ordinary vehicular traffic which would otherwise use the roads.
- Dunns Road from Ariki Avenue to Oreti Beach closed from 8.30am to noon
- Dunns Road and Stead Street from Ariki Avenue to Bond Street closed from 8.45am to 12.30pm
- Curran Road – 200 metres from Dunns Road from 8.45am to 10am
- Bond Street from Tweed Street to Victoria Avenue – north-bound traffic closed from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Victoria Avenue from Bond Street to Dee Street – east- bound traffic 9.30am to 1pm
- Victoria Avenue from Dee Street to Museum from 9.30am to 1pm
- Kelvin Street from Gala Street to Victoria Avenue – north-bound traffic from 9.30am to 1pm
Alternative provision for ordinary vehicular traffic:
- Access to the Airport will be provided at all times via Stead Street
- Access to all of Otatara, south of Dunns Road, will be provided at all times only via the Otatara Road/Ariki Avenue intersection.
- Access between Marama Avenue North and Curran Road will be maintained at all times.