Licensing forms

Forms relating to new and renewal applications for on/off licences, club licences, managers certificates and special licences.

New owners


When you apply to the Council for a Manager’s Certificate you need to provide evidence that you hold the prescribed qualification as set by the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Regulations 2013, Section 23. To achieve this, you are required to attend a course of training to obtain your Licence Controller’s Qualification which is regulated by the Hospitality Standards Institute. You must gain the Unit Standards 4646 and 16705. Unit 4646 requires you to demonstrate knowledge of the Act, and 16705 your knowledge of host responsibility as a manager.

When renewing your Manager’s Certificates, regardless if you were previously a Club or General Manager  you are now required to hold a Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ) as the new Act no longer differentiates between Club and General Managers. If you obtained your LCQ before December 18, 2013 you will be required to sit a Licence Controller Qualification Bridging Test. The information sheets below have links and helpful information about these requirements, your application and any supporting documentation required.


Special Licence

  • Special Licence application form
    If you’re holding an event this summer that will require a special alcohol licence, make sure to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out. Check the deadlines on this page.

On-licence and off-licences: new or renewal/variation


NOTE: For more information phone the District Licensing Committee Administrator on (03) 211 1777   or email