Dog desexing

Animal Services Team Leader Kerry Kawe says dog-owners who notify the Council’s Animal Services team if their dog has been desexed will qualify for a reduced dog registration fee.

“There are two ways to let Council know,” he said. “Either you can bring us a certificate from your vet to show that the dog is desexed or you can take a form to your vet and ask them to stamp it for you.”

There’s a link below to the Dog De-sexing Form at the foot of this page or forms can be picked up at the Help Desk of the Civic Administration Building at 101 Esk Street.

“Return the form to Council and we’ll do the rest,” Mr Kawe said.