Before starting any drainage work check with the Council to see if your require consent.

The Council holds drainage plans for most properties in the city as well as the public drainage plans (these drains are usually located in the roading network). Drainage plans can assist you or your registered drainlayer if you want to identify where the drains on a particular property run. At this time the Council charges no fee for drainage plans.