A producer statement is a document from a Council-approved expert. The Council may accept the producer statement as evidence that the design or building work complies, or will comply, with the Building Code.
The Council only issues a building consent or a code compliance certificate if it is reasonably satisfied that your building work complies or will comply with the Building Code, and a producer statement is one way of helping Council staff to decide.
Here are some examples of work where a producer statement might be submitted:
- An engineer may provide a statement relating to foundations.
- A mechanical engineer may provide a statement relating to heating ventilation and air-conditioning systems.
- A tiler may provide a statement that the waterproofing membrane has been correctly applied.
In order to submit producer statements to us, the specialist must first be registered as an approved producer statement author. Use the forms below to apply for registration.
Producer Statements – forms
- Application – Producer Statement Author – SBCG 30 Use to request acceptance on the Council’s Producer Statement Author register.
- Producer Statement – Construction PS3 Use to provide a Producer Statement (Construction)
- Producer Statement – Plumbing Testing Use to supply plumbing testing information on completion of the work.
Producer Statement Author Register
The link below takes you to the current Producer Statement Author Register (to search the document type CTRL- f and enter your search terms eg surname, company name, or location).
- Producer Statement Author Register (updated 18 June 2018)