Get ready to be captivated by cabaret: Invercargill’s newest festival promises to see theatre, music, and creativity collide.
Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret will bring a hearty dose of show-stopping, rollicking fun to the city to banish the winter blues.
Held between August 11 to August 19, Upstage will blend the best of the past with the best of today, in a playful and immersive celebration. Expect glamorous cabaret, workshops, comedy nights, cinema and more.
Featuring a diverse mixture of established and emerging artists, Upstage will bring a unique and totally new concept to the city. It’s set to be a one-of-a-kind experience that infuses humour, music, dance, and more to create unforgettable winter evenings.
Performances will be held across multiple venues: including, of course, the grande dame of Invercargill’s culture and heritage, the recently-renovated Civic Theatre. A jam-packed line-up of entertainment will delight across a range of genres. Whether you’re an old-school theatre aficionado or just looking for a fun night out with friends, Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret has something for everyone.
A special thanks to our partners: Great South, Arts Murihiku, Invercargill Central Limited, The Langlands Hotel and Ticketek.
Buy tickets to Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret and be in to win!
Heading to Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret?
Thanks to our partner – the award-winning and internationally-renowned Cardrona Distillery – we have got one epic prize in store for you.
Purchase tickets to any of the sensational Upstage events happening in Invercargill this August, and go in the draw to win!
- Classic Tour of the award-winning Cardrona Distillery for four people: Discover the secrets to Cardrona’s artisan spirits. You’ll see where the malt is missed, mashed, fermented, distilled and matured before embarking on a tutored tasting with your guide – all set against the stunning Central Otago landscape.
- $200 food and beverage voucher from Cardrona Distillery: With a dynamic small plate menu focusing on contemporary, local, and seasonal produce, and delicious cocktails that explore and celebrate the unique flavours of spirits crafted on-site, this will be the perfect end to your Cardrona Distillery experience.
How to enter
Simply purchase a ticket to any Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret event, and be in to win!
If you buy your tickets online:
- Purchase a ticket to any Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret event at www.ticketek.com, opt in for updates and you will automatically go in the draw
If you buy your tickets in person:
- Purchase a ticket to any Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret event at any of our box offices at Civic Theatre, Invercargill or Te Hīnaki – Civic Building and provide your email address to go in the draw
The fine print: competition terms and conditions
- The Upstage: Invercargill Festival of Cabaret/Cardrona Distillery giveaway is for the specified prize (complimentary tour for four people + $200 food and beverage voucher – Cardrona Distillery) only.
- You must enter the competition via the specified methods detailed above.
- By providing your email address to go in the draw, you agree to be included on our subscriber database.
- Prizes are non-transferable and are not exchangeable for cash, any other item, or similar.
- Competition entry periods are as specified only.
- Only valid entries received during the specified competition period will be eligible to go in the draw.
- To enter the competition, you must do (or be) all of the following: enter the competition via the specified ‘how to enter’ instructions, enter the competition during the specified entry period, be 18 years or older, provide only one entry per email address, and not be an employee at either Invercargill City Council or Cardrona Distillery.
- The competition winner will be selected via a random draw conducted by Invercargill City Council.
- We will contact the winner via email: if you, as the competition winner, do not respond within 48 hours your prize will be forfeited. Another prize winner may be selected at the discretion of Invercargill City Council, on the same terms as the original prize draw.
- Invercargill City Council reserves the right to use the personal information you supply to judge and/or submit your entry into the specified competition or giveaway.
- The prize must be redeemed on dates mutually agreed-upon by the winner and Cardrona Distillery. Redemption of the prize is subject to Cardrona Distillery’s availability.
- Neither Invercargill City Council nor Cardrona Distillery is liable for providing the winner of the prize with transportation, travel, or accommodation to redeem this prize.
- This prize is strictly non-transferable and must be redeemed by the selected winner only.
- The prize is valid for redemption 12 months from the date of issue. The winner – and all guests accompanying them – consent to their image, names, and likeness to be used by Invercargill City Council and Cardrona Distillery for marketing purposes. The tour may be accompanied by an official photographer/videographer, and images and videos obtained during this may appear for marketing purposes, including but not limited to print publications and online (including social media).
Standard terms for competition entrants
- The competition details above and these competition rules form the competition’s terms and conditions (the Rules). By entering the competition, you agree to the Rules.
- Until a prize is awarded, Invercargill City Council and/or Cardrona Distillery can cancel or change the competition or any of the Rules at any time for any reason. Changes will take effect when they are posted in the Rules. Invercargill City Council and Cardrona Distillery has the final say on the competition and the Rules.
- If you are an employee of either Invercargill City Council or Cardrona Distillery, you are prohibited from entering. If the competition is being run through Facebook, Facebook employees are not allowed to enter either.
- Unless we have stated otherwise, only one competition entry per person.
- Invercargill City Council and Cardrona Distillery can disqualify you if we believe that you have breached any of the Rules. You agree we can keep your entry and use it however we want (including to promote Invercargill City Council, Cardrona Distillery, and the competition). This includes photos, artwork or other stuff you submit with your entry. You agree that we can publish your name and home city in connection with the competition. You also agree that we can take photos and videos of you to use for publicity purposes.
- Neither Invercargill City Council nor Cardrona Distillery will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you, or anyone else, in connection with the competition or your use of the prize. If the competition is being run through Facebook, you agree they won’t bear any responsibility either.
- If this competition is derailed for any reason, like infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, Invercargill City Council and/or Cardrona Distillery reserve the right to cancel, postpone or change the competition without prior notice.
- You agree that by providing your contact details to enter the draw, you authorise Invercargill City Council and Cardrona Distillery to contact you from time to time using the contact details you have provided with information relating to our events, sales and promotions. All communications can be ‘unsubscribed’ from directly should you at any point not wish to hear from us. Your personal
- iInformation will be shared with our staff, as necessary, as well as with certain third-party suppliers which support our services.
- Invercargill City Council and Cardrona Distillery respect privacy rights under the Privacy Act 2020. That means there are Rules we stick to, particularly around collecting your personal information.
- These Rules and the competition will be run under NZ law.
- Entrants must follow all other terms and conditions expressly stated.
Standard terms for winners
- If we can’t get hold of you within 48 hours of the prize draw, you will forfeit your prize. In this instance, we reserve the right to select another winner. All Rules, terms and conditions will be applicable.
- The giveaway is for the specified prize only. This prize is non-transferrable and is not exchangable for cash or similar.
- If you’re disqualified for breaching any of the Rules, we reserve the right to select another winner at our discretion.
- The winner must follow all other terms and conditions expressly stated.
🎭 Sign up to receive email updates!