Applications for the 2024 Bluff Community Board Bursary are now open.
Each year, the Bluff Community Board offers Bluff residents who are looking to study the opportunity to apply for a Bursary of $2000 per annum for three years.
The Bursary was established by the Bluff Community Board more than a decade ago and some of the recipients have gone on to become lawyers, accountants, teachers, nurses, engineers, probation officers and physios.
The Bursary is available to:
- Candidates enrolled for a full-time course of study at university or another agreed establishment within New Zealand;
- Candidates who are making applications for admission to a university or another agreed establishment in New Zealand to a full-time course of study in the coming year.
The purpose of the Bursary is to facilitate and encourage the opportunities by which members of the Bluff community can undertake tertiary or university education. A selection panel comprising the chairman and two members of the Bluff Community Board will select the winning recipient.
- Is available to any candidate who has resided in Bluff for four or more years;
- Is tenable for three years and may be held concurrently with other outside scholarships or bursaries;
- The panel may grant an extension to allow for further studies subject to the applicant’s progress and demands on the Bursary fund.
- Where a change or termination of an approved course is proposed, the Board may impose such conditions as it considers reasonable upon the bursar in respect of a refund, or otherwise, of that year’s bursary.
Confirmation of the award of the Bursary will be made when the panel has received verification of the Bursar’s enrolment.
Applications open in November each year and close mid-January.
Application forms can be dropped into the Bluff Service Centre while applications are open. Download the application form here: