Our community takes pride in health and wellbeing. By doing your best to provide a healthy experience at your event you are creating a more vibrant event experience and promoting a healthier future for the community.
Healthy Families Invercargill has compiled a list of things to consider when planning an event. In brief, these include:
- Consider new menu options
- Integrate fitness
- Make your event Smoke-free
- Does alcohol need to be served at your event?
- Family facilities
- Include the “Choice As” factor (encourage posts about healthy habits during your event with your event hashtag, or have your guests check into healthy activities or healthy booths at your event).
Healthy Families Invercargill has a two-page guide packed with suggestions for your event – and a generic event template. Here are the links:
- Choice As Events Guide (this two-page document expands on the topics above – from menus to providing family facilities – and more).
- Generic Template for Events Planners (this covers food and beverage subcontractors ageeement, with examples, and Food safety regulations and food choices.
- Healthy Families Invercargill
- Choice As Sizzle guide
- Fun ideas for families to be active
- Invercargill District Licensing Committee
Everyone who goes to an event is busy and trying to soak up as much of the experience as possible, but that doesn’t mean their health should suffer. Do your best as the event planner to have some healthier options and create a Choice As Event.