The Invercargill City Council created the Friendly Brand in 2012, following the release of the Point of Difference report prepared by Mark Blumsky and Elliott Kirton, with an aim to see a family lens placed over all policies and initiatives supported by Council. We believe families are the centre of all communities, the building blocks of our city.
101 fun, family things to do
The Council’s Friendly Brand Team is proud to introduce 101 fun and family friendly things to do in and around Invercargill. The city is a great place to raise a family and the surrounding areas provide plenty of opportunity to explore. The list highlights a variety of family friendly activities that are either free or at a low cost.
The Friendly brand staff hope the colourful list – which folds into a pocket or purse-size guide – will be welcomed by residents and visitors looking for ideas about what to see and do in and around the Invercargill area. The list is a living document and can be added to as other activities are suggested.
- Download and print the list at home – 101 fun things to – updated June 2020
- Watch a video clip of the Friendly Team’s Gemma Crawford highlighting five things on the list that she enjoys.
Friendly brand for businesses, events
- Friendly brand template for business – Nov 2019
These guidelines will be discussed with your business or organisation.
- Friendly brand for events and activities
This form will be discussed with you if you want to brand events or activities.
- Awarua Communications Museum
- Barnardos Early Learning Centre
- Barnardos Invercargill
- Chipmunks Playland and Cafe
- Don Street Toy Library
- East Road Pets
- Family Works
- H & J Smith
- Invercargill City Libraries and Archives
- Invercargill Toy Libraries – Don Street and Russell Street
- Number 10 Youth One-Stop Shop
- Richmond Playcentre
- Royal New Zealand Plunket Society, Invercargill
- Splash Palace
- Sport Southland (family events and holiday programmes)
- Waihopai Playcentre
Friendly branded events
- Eco Festival
- Streets are Alive
- Parks & Recreation Strategy Consultation
- Teviot Street Picnic in the Park
- Parks Week
- Barnardos Fun Day
- CBD Christmas Festival
- Big Latch On
- Childrens Day at the Invercargill Firestation
- ILT Kidzone
- Invercargill Toy Library Christmas BBQ
- Library Reading Challenge
- Murihiku Marae Fun Day
- Surf to City