A tougher approach to animal control has resulted in fewer complaints being made about dogs, the Southland Times reports.
- 2331 dog-related complaints were made in the 10 months to 31 May – 20 fewer than the same period the previous year.
- The percentage of unregistered dogs had fallen from 2.62 per cent to 1.71 per cent
- 850 dogs had been impounded over the 10 months compared with 513 in the previous period. Invercargill City Council Environmental Health Manager John Youngson said only only three more dogs were euthanised meaning that more dogs were being rehomed.
- Full Southland Times report
- Online ICC payments (including dog re-registration)