Work is ramping up on the ambitious project that will bring a new tuatara and storage facility, and museum, to the city. The Tisbury storage facility build is finished and the official opening will take place in February 2024. A wahi tapu has taken place to bless the collection before its transfer to the facility, which will begin shortly.
We marked several milestones in November, which can be read about in the following links:
- Invercargill City Council Tisbury museum collection storage facility — Project 1225
- The Invercargill branch of Calder Stewart was awarded the construction contract for the tuatara facility
- New Zealand firm Gibson International was awarded the contract to craft the museum experience
- The tender for the café within the museum was opened for interest
- Eloise Wallace was appointed Te Unua Museum of Southland director
And check out some behind the scenes photos from November here: This Month in Photos (November) — Project 1225