The Food Act 2014 which came into force on 1 March 2016 is designed to modernise food safety measures and to ensure that the food your business prepares and sells is safe and suitable to eat. Follow the links below to understand where your business fits within the scope of operations:
- Where do I fit?
- Food Control Plans (FCPs)
for higher-risk activities
- National Programmes 1, 2 and 3 for medium to lower-risk activities
- Food Act 2014 Requirements
NOTE: The full text of the Food Act 2014 is available at the New Zealand Legislation website.
- Download the Food Control Plan templates – (required when registering on a Food Control Plan) or contact the Food Team to purchase yours from the Council.
- Getting started with your Template Food Control Plan
- What’s in our food? Learn about the importance of food labelling and your business
- Tips for Food Safety
- Watch the Ministry for Primary Industry’s Food Act videos
For changes to your licence information or for more information or feedback emails us: firstname.lastname@example.org