The Invercargill Public Library, Bluff Service Centre, and the Civic Administration Building will be open during normal hours
A full list of services available during Alert Level 2 is below.
This information will be regularly updated as any changes are made.
In all cases, special consideration has been given to keeping staff and the public safe and healthy. We ask that anyone who visits our facilities follow the instructions given by staff, as well as any signs or floor markings.
In many cases, we will need to note down visitor details for contact tracing purposes.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during this time.
During Alert Level 2, seats in the public gallery area of the Council Chambers are limited to 15 people, so that social distancing of 1-metre can be maintained.
Please follow the guidance of our staff and help us keep everyone safe and well.
Invercargill City Libraries and Archives
Invercargill Public Library will continue to open under normal hours during Alert Level 2.
Bluff Public Library will continue to open under normal hours during Alert Level 2.
Library members who live in the Invercargill area can have contactless delivery of items using our My Book Bag service.
For customers coming into the Library during Level 2, please be aware:
- The after-hours returns slot will be open 24/7 for those uncomfortable coming into the Library.
- Social distancing of 1 metre will be in place.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entrances/exits.
- You will be asked for your name and contact details when entering and exiting.
- A maximum capacity of 100 people within the Library will be in place.
- Programmes and After School Clubs will continue to run. If you feel uncomfortable with your child attending your club please let us know by phoning (03) 211 1444 or by email.
Splash Palace is still open for our normal hours of operation during Alert Level 2.
- The golden rule: Please maintain 1m distancing at all times!
- The Spa, Sauna, Cold pool and Hydroslide are closed from noon, 12 August.
- Our Café is open but only takeaway bags and cups will be sold.
- If you’re entering the facility please go directly to reception; contact tracing slips will need to be completed or scan your membership card at reception. This needs to be done regardless of whether the Covid Tracing app is used or not.
- Public lane swimming is still available however we are limited to a maximum of 4 persons in a public lane at any one time.
- Swim School is still in operation except for Turtles and Lobsters, students will receive a credit for any classes cancelled. Parents are still welcome to watch provided 1m distancing is maintained at all times.
- Aqua Jogging and Aqua classes are still on.
- We’re happy to put your membership on hold if you wish. Please ask at reception or call us on 03 2177506.
- Retail shop is still open however swimwear, googles etc will not be available to try on.
- Group / Club bookings are still on but all groups must comply with requirements as set out here: https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/restrictions/alert-level-2/#exercise-sport-and-recreation
BusSmart services will run on its normal timetable until further notice.
To assist with contact tracing, if you haven’t already registered your Bee Card please visit beecard.co.nz to register.
Parks and Reserves
City parks will operate as normal until further notice.
Events will be handled on a case by case basis. If you have an upcoming event booked please contact the Parks team to confirm. (03) 219 9070
All new bookings need to be under 100 people.
Kerbside recycling and rubbish collections will continue as normal
Recycling will continue to go to Southland disAbility Enterprises, as they are open with additional safety measures in place.
Invercargill and Bluff Transfer Stations – will be open as normal, however we are limiting customer numbers on site, encouraging contactless payments and recording customer details for contact tracing.
More information is available on the WasteNet Southland website
Operating as normal during Alert Level 2
Animal Care Facilities
No visitors until further notice.
Operating as normal.