Your use of this service is subject to Invercargill City Council’s Online Services Terms and Conditions, and by using this service you accept these Terms and Conditions.
Use this link to access the online payments facility
OR use this link to online services facility
Banks are ending cheques
From 1 May 2021, we are stopping cheques as a payment option, due to the three major New Zealand banks phasing them out in May, June and July of this year.
Our payment options available include direct debit, internet banking, automatic payment, credit card or in person with cash and EFTPOS at any Council service centre.
More information about our payment options can be found:
- on our website at: www.icc.govt.nz/rates/payment-options-advice
- by contacting us on (03) 211 1777
- by visiting us at 101 Esk Street or Bluff Service Centre
Other debtors billings (NOT for Rates or Water)
- BNZ Bank Account: 02 0924 0019668 03
- PARTICULARS field: The name that appears on the invoice (12 spaces only available)
- CODE field: The text DR plus the debtor number. For example, the debtor number from the invoice DR 34567/8 would be entered into the Code field as DR34567/8
- REFERENCE field: The invoice number. If paying more than one invoice in the payment please enter the text “refer remitt” in the reference field and provide a remittance advice detailing the invoices paid to ICC Customer Support Services via email or fax. We require the remittance advice on the same day as payment to ensure prompt and correct processing of the payment.
Invercargill City Council is a New Zealand based Local Authority for trading/registration purposes. Online payments processed through our Online Services will appear on your statement as ‘Invercargill CC’.
- Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard
- Account to Account: ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Kiwi Bank, TSB, Westpac
Please note we will no longer accept cheques from 30 April 2021
Credit card online merchant service fee
There is a 1.70 per cent (of your payment amount) merchant service fee, per transaction for credit card payments ONLY. This is a Bank of New Zealand (Invercargill City Council’s banking provider) charge and is subject to change.
Check with your banking provider for any other fees or charges that may apply. This transaction is carried out on the terms of the arrangement between you and your banking provider.
Be sure to allow time before your payment due date for processing the transaction. Generally, payments received before 10.30 p.m. New Zealand time on any business day will be processed the same day and transactions received after 10.30 p.m. will be processed on the next business day.
Your account will be charged in New Zealand Dollars. If you make a payment with a credit card issued outside of New Zealand, any currency conversion will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the card. Your card issuer may charge currency conversion fees.
Invercargill City Council does not provide refunds to credit cards or account to account. Upon acceptance, applications for refunds (providing proof of overpayment) will be processed manually and paid by direct credit.
We will email you a payment confirmation upon request only if you provide an email address.