Permits needed for chainsaws on Council land

The Parks Department reminds people not to use chainsaws on Council land unless they have permits.

Park Assets Manager Graeme Davies said some people had been using chainsaws to clear debris but a firewood permit and appropriate safety gear was required when cutting wood on a Council reserve.

“Likewise, if you wish to pick up wood, you will need to apply for a firewood permit. Applications for these can be picked up from the Parks’ office at Queens Park,” he said.

“The recent large-scale storm event created some risky elements regarding trees in our reserves.  f you see any damage in any Council parks or reserves please report it to the Parks office on (03) 219 9070 or Council on (03) 211 1777.”