Council is asking for feedback on funding for City Block and City Streets Upgrade Stage 2
What are the next steps for City Block?
Invercargill City Council is consulting on what level of funding to provide to ICL to enable the completion of the City Block Development and what level of investment to make into City Centre Streets Stage 2 – Kelvin St and remainder of Esk St.
Invercargill City Council and the community have recognised that in order to support economic and population growth a vibrant and healthy CBD is needed.
To date the City Block development has been progressed within the anticipated budget. However there is a shortage of bank funding for the development stage of the project due to changes of economic environment and increased costs mean a further investment is required to complete the project.
Stage 1 of City Streets Upgrade is on schedule. It is now time to decide what level of investment to make into Stage 2.
Documents and links
- Media Release: Community feedback invited on next steps for city development
- Consultation Document: Next Steps for City Block [PDF]
- Previous Consultations: Extra Money for City Block
Come to our consultation events and ask our team any questions you may have:
- Wednesday 26 January: Business breakfast at Council Chambers
RSVP required by Friday 21 January by emailing email@example.com
- Friday 28 January: Info stand on Esk Street – H&J Smith veranda
- Wednesday 2 February: Facebook Live from 6.30pm to 7.00pm
What are your preferred options for City Block and City Centre Streets Stage 2?
- Submit online here through our survey
- Alternatively, you can email us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a hard copy to:
Strategy & Policy, Invercargill City Council, Private Bag 90104, Invercargill 9840
📅 Submissions closed on Friday 11 February at 5pm.