Are you entitled to a rates rebate?
The following changes came into effect from 1 July 2018:
- The maximum rebate is $630.
- The income threshold has risen from $24,790 to $25,180
(The additional income allowance remains at $500 per dependant.)
If you earned more than $25,180 for the 2017-2018 tax year you could still be eligible. Rates rebate application forms are available from the Council or from www.ratesrebates.govt.nz
When you apply for a rates rebate, please provide:
- Proof of income for the tax year 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
- Your ICC rates notice and your Environment Southland rates notice
- Proof of your partner/joint home owner’s income if he/she lives with you
The closing date for applications is 30 June 2019.