Council meetings and Hearings Panel hearings are held in the Council Chamber / Committee Room, Esk Street, normally at 4pm apart from the Hearings Panel (normally at 9am) and the Bluff Community Board which meets in the Bluff Municipal Chambers, Gore Street (normally at 7pm). Agendas become available on this page two days before the meetings.
Note: At alert Level 2, Invercargill City Council will endeavour to hold meetings so that the public and media may attend while maintaining social distancing and good hygiene practises.
This means that some meetings may continue to be held via videoconferencing, and the meeting will be livestreamed.
In other cases, meetings may be held in the Victoria Room at the Civic Theatre.
- have no more than 10 people – please note that we can have no more than 10 people and you may not be able to enter
- not be longer than 2 hours
- keep high hygiene standards
- record attendees to ensure contact tracing can be conducted if necessary
- if you’re sick, please stay home
The meeting’s agenda will state where it is to be held.
Members of the public are welcome to attend all Council meetings. Only elected members of Council and those invited to speak to agenda items have speaking rights. Applications to speak at a public forum, with a precis of the address to be given, must be lodged in writing with the Chief Executive not less than two working days before the meeting. Such applications may be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to the Council’s Administration Building. The Chief Executive, in consultation with the Mayor or chairperson, is authorised to waive notice provided that:
- The application is specifically related to an agenda item included for debate, and
- The application, and the precis of the address to be given, is made before noon on the day of the meeting.
NOTE: Addresses will be limited to 10 minutes (five minutes to speak and five minutes for questions for clarification by Councillors); the Mayor or chairperson may choose to extend the time limit. The Mayor or chairperson may refuse applications which are repetitious or offensive, or where the Mayor or chairperson has a reason to believe that the statements have been made with malice.
2020 Council Meeting Schedule (subject to change)