The Invercargill City Council is looking for six local people to engage with the public and sit on an Advisory Panel for the Council’s Dog Rehoming and Euthanasia Review.
Expressions of Interest from a broad range of the community are encouraged for panel membership. We are looking for applicants with the following experience and skills:
- A demonstrated knowledge of local communities, their concerns and interests with respect to dog behaviour, welfare and ownership responsibilities.
- Willingness to observe dog rehoming practices and euthanasia options.
- An ability to understand complex information and develop reasoned and principled arguments.
- An ability to work with a diverse group of individuals without prejudice and bring an open mind to new ideas.
- An ability to critique, probe and develop reasoned and principled argument.
- A willingness to take part in the public consultation programme.
Written expressions of interest referring to the skills listed above must be received by 5pm on Friday, 3 November 2017, addressed to the Director of Environmental and Planning Services.
Expressions of interest can be:
- Posted to:
Invercargill City Council
Submission – Dog Rehoming and Euthanasia Review Panel
Private Bag 90104
- Delivered to:
Help Desk, Invercargill City Council,
101 Esk Street, Invercargill
- Emailed: to email@example.com
Terms of Reference are available on this page (see link below); they are also available from the Help Desk, Civic Administration Building, 101 Esk Street; the Invercargill Public Library and the Bluff Service Centre or by phoning (03) 211 1777.
Indpendent Panel – Terms of Reference