Planning guides and forms

Guides and forms related to planning and resource management in are available here.


The guides below relate only to the provisions of the Proposed District Plan, which came in to effect on 29 October 2016.  The Proposed District Plan is currently subject to appeal and so the provisions may yet change.  It also means that until such time as all appeals are resolved and the Proposed District Plan is beyond challenge, there will be provisions in the Operative District Plan that still have effect and that any land use and subdivision developments will need to take into consideration alongside the provisions of the Proposed District Plan.

Residential 1 and 1A Zones
Residential 2 Zone
Residential 3 Zone
Otatara Zones
Rural Zone

NOTE: The Building section of the website contains valuable related information.


Forms and guides

Land Use Consent Application Form
Land Use Consent guide
Land Use Consent Checklist
Subdivision Consent Application Form (form and checklist)
Affected Persons Written Approval Form
Submission on an application (form)


Disconnecting from Council services
Use the following form if you intend to demolish or remove a building connected to sewerage and/or stormwater services.
Form: Sealing off services for demolition or relocation of a building You might also need to apply for a Building Consent.

Use the following form if you intend to disconnect the water supply
Form: Water Disconnection Application



Fees finder 2017-2018 (Resource Management)


Planning Hearing Procedures (guide)


So You Want to Erect a Sign (guide)



Planning Hearing Procedures (guide)