Ratepayer Electoral Enrolments


Do you own property in another Council’s District?

For example own a holiday home in Riverton, Te Anau or Clyde?

If you do then you can enrol to vote for the Councils in that area- the only requirement is that you do not also live in the same District.

If the property is owned by two or more people, in a Trust or by a Company then you will need to nominate a person to be the Elector as only one person to vote.

You can learn more on the Vote Local website: votelocal.co.nz


Enrol for Invercargill

You can enrol online for the Invercargill City Ratepayer Electors Roll by visiting: electionz.com

Alternatively you can download and print an application: Ratepayer Enrolment Form [PDF]

You can return the form to nrr@electionz.com or michael.morris@icc.govt.nz or drop it back to the Council attention Michael Morris and we will take care of it.


As a reminder this is for people who own property in Invercargill but do not live in our City District.

Also important to note that you will not be able to vote for the Trustees of the Invercargill Licencing Trust as the Trust has a requirement  that electors live in the Trust District.


Enrol for other Councils

If you own property in Otago or Southland (other than Clutha) you are able to check if you are enrolled, and get enrolled as a Ratepayer Elector if you are not, at: electionz.com


For Clutha visit the Clutha District Council website: cluthadc.govt.nz

Or contact:

  • 0800 922 822 for the Electoral Officer – Dale Ofsoske or
  • 0800 801 350 for the Clutha Elections liaison – Lilly Paterson


If you own property outside of Otago/Southland areas please contact the Council your property is in.

You can find a list of Electoral Officers and their Deputies who can help you at: votelocal.co.nz